Well Ive decided to put pen to paper,or to be more accurate decided to get it all out on a blog.
My Dad has been in hospital 13 weeks now,and every time I go in to see him Im unhappy.
Im unhappy about the indifference thats shown to him,Im unhappy about the health professionals who would clearly rather being seeing someone with a large bank account,and Im unhappy with the poor standard of care that seems to be the norm in his local hospital.
I know hes 76...well actually he will be 77 tomorrow,and I know that hes not been too well,but catching an SA infection whilst in the Hospital didnt exactly help,and the worse bit is that its not too hard to see how it can happen.
I find myself going to see Dad now not to enjoy seeing him,but to check up that hes actually getting looked after,and Im constantly disappointed,today was the usual stuff.
Hes been loosing weight so its nothing short of a miracle that he has decided to try to eat some of what the hospital class as food.
Personally I wouldnt feed it to the pigs,but he comes from a generation that will not complain about what they get even if its inedible.
Its time for the pill round and he tells the nurse that hes going to be sick if he takes his pills.She gives them to him anyway,and he promptly sicks them up,and his dinner.
Now I dont know about you but this is actually the third day in a row this has happened,and I thought in my naivety that they might think that it would be a good idea to give him his pills when he was feeling a bit more like taking them.
But no.........they can only be taken on the pill round,even if it means the patient gets more ill and more mentally strained......and hes certainly strained.
His condition has lurched from almost certain death to a possible recovery.........its a roller coaster of emotion.
It all started when he was admitted for a pain in his back,this was eventually diagnosed after 10 weeks (Yes you did read that correctly),in between times he has caught SA been treated for a chest infection,been left on a hospital trolley for over an hour,been verbally abused by one of the staff,been treated like hes an idiot,been left with untreated sores on his feet,the list gos on and on.......hence my blog.
Ive now decided to catalogue the entire sorry state of his care on a daily basis in the form of a blog.
Im not expecting anything,I have written letters to the Chief Executive,but of course as you might expect,nothing happens.........not even a reply,my Father is not important enough.
So see this as my outlet,that Im sharing with you the reader,maybe you can help me through the shower of shit that Im encountering.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment